The development prospects of metal consumables are very optimistic. With the continuous improvement and perfection of 3D printing technology, metal consumables have begun to be widely used in the automotive, robotics, medical, and aerospace industries. In the future, with the further popularization and development of technology, the application field of metal consumables will be more extensive, and more business opportunities will be created.
Metal 3D printing is suitable for complex parts, microstructures, customized parts, and other fields. It has a wide range of applications in industrial, medical, automotive, construction, aerospace, and other fields.
Metal 3D printed parts have the characteristics of high strength and high density. For example, the Tensile strength of titanium alloy can reach 900-1000MPa, and the Tensile strength of fine aluminum powder can reach 400-500MPa.
Metal 3D printed parts also have excellent performance in flexural strength. For example, the Elastic Modulus of titanium alloy can reach 114GPa, and the Elastic Modulus of fine aluminum powder can reach 70GPa.
Heat deflection temperature:
Metal 3D printed parts have a high heat deflection temperature. For example, the heat deflection temperature of stainless steel can reach 150-200 °C, and the heat deflection temperature of titanium alloy can reach 600-700 °C.
1. High manufacturing precision, can manufacture parts of various shapes;
2. Fast manufacturing speed, can quickly manufacture parts;
3. It has the advantages of high strength, high density, and high flexibility;
4. It can manufacture high-performance parts to provide better-quality components for various industries.
1. The cost of metal 3D printing is high;
2. High-power laser or electron beam is required in the production process, which has high technical requirements for equipment, etc., and the dosage is large and the energy consumption is high;
3. It is limited and cannot manufacture very large-scale parts, nor can it manufacture parts of specific materials.
In general, metal 3D printing technology has obvious advantages in manufacturing high-precision, high-strength, high-density parts. Although there are some limitations, with the continuous improvement and development of technology, it is believed that it will be more widely used in industry, aerospace, medicine, and other fields. It should be noted that from the perspective of environmental protection, it is necessary to continuously develop and explore more environmentally friendly and energy-saving 3D printing equipment and consumables.